The scheme aims to help local businesses to reduce the amount of fuel they waste, so they can cut their energy bills and increase their profitability.
Small and medium-sized businesses across Lichfield District are being offered a range of services for free. These include:
- A telephone support line for businesses with energy awareness tips, advice on reducing consumption, negotiation of business tariffs and more
- A bespoke report for local businesses setting out potential actions and savings (following telephone support)
- A Business Energy Smart roadshow to visit local business parks, offering energy experts, advice and resources
- An LED bulk-buy special offer for Lichfield District businesses
- Energy awareness pitches at local business gatherings
Five local businesses will also be selected to receive a visit from an energy expert who will offer a free energy audit to assess where money can be saved.
Cllr Ian Pritchard, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet Member for Housing, Health and Environmental Protection, said,“We know that many local businesses are struggling with the pressure of rising energy prices, which is why we are working in partnership with Marches Energy Agency to offer them help in how they can make their premises more energy-efficient.
“By calling our Warmer Homes, Greener District energy advice line, businesses can access expert help and advice that should help to cut their costs while helping the environment.”
If you and your business would like to start saving on your energy bills this winter, call the telephone support line on 0800 677 1543.
Alternatively, email email@example.com for more information.