Finding out about school closures, reporting highways issues, ordering an extra bin and managing council tax payments are some of the things people can now do with a swipe of their finger.
The ‘My Staffs App’ launched by Staffordshire County Council, allows people to access many council services on their smart phone or tablet.
In addition to accessing County Council services, people in Tamworth, Lichfield and South Staffordshire can also access local services from their Borough and District Councils.
Cllr Ian Parry, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Transformation at Staffordshire County Council said, “This is all about making information and services more accessible and giving people choices about how they access them.
“One in three people that access our services online now do so from a mobile device and this is expected to increase over the next few years. And with people leading increasingly busier lives and getting jobs done on the move, it is vital that we make it as easy and efficient as possible for them.”
The ‘My Staffs App’ is free and available on Apple devices, android and Google platforms. It can be downloaded from the Apple App store and Google Play Store. The services are also available via www.staffordshire.gov.uk/mystaffs.
Cllr Robert Pritchard, Deputy Leader of Tamworth Borough Council said, “The App will provide people with another way to access council services – and they can do it on the move, 24/7. We are constantly bringing more services online to make it even easier for customers to interact with Tamworth Borough Council and to receive important information and updates.
“In a recent survey 51% of our customers stated that they would access the council’s services via our new mobile app.”
Some of the features of the App:
- Postcode finder –which means people only receive the services relevant to their area
- Reporting of any highways issues, including potholes, street lighting etc
- School closure alerts
- Reporting of missed bin collections or to request additional waste and recycling bins
- Reporting of any abandoned vehicles, dead animals, fly tipping, littering, dog fouling etc
- Notifications of house moves, change of circumstance with council tax, making a payment or checking a balance
- Access to general information and advice
- Find my nearest facility